PRIVACY POLICIES & PERSONAL DATA
The website www.akshotels.com, hereinafter referred to as “Website”, is managed by AKS Hotels, having its registered office at Kifissias Avenue 346, Halandri (hereinafter referred to “AKS Hotels”), that we collect from you during your visit on our Website, which means all of the information that were gathered and identify you as persons or can eventually identify you directly or indirectly.
“AKS Hotels” deals with particular seriousness about the protection of your personal data and has taken all the necessary measures for preserving the security and confidentiality of the information concerning the visitors/users of the Website.
INFORMATION OUR WEBSITE IS COLLECTING
- Information that is being automatically collected during your visit and interaction with our website
Casually browsing on our website does not require from the online user the service/import of personal data. However, only the visit and browsing on the Website can collect automatically some information that can identify you directly or indirectly, such as:
- Internet Protocol address (IP) from your computer
- The type of program (browser) and operating system
- The web pages you visited immediately before and after your visit on the page,
- The speed of your connection and information about the software programs installed in your computer,
- Basic connection information with your server and
- Information that is being collected through HTLM cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies (see below: in the Cookies section).
- Information you provide to us directly:
2.1. Οn-line bookings
If the website user wishes to make a room reservation in one of our Hotels, it is required to fill in the required details upon submission of which the Site collects and processes your personal data upon consent, the following information:
- Full name
- Telephone number (optional)
- Payment card details (name holder, card number, security code)
- Booking dates and room types
- Optionally, other personal information of the user, such as his full postal address, the reason of travel, and his comments/special instructions.
2.2. Sending informative material/newsletters
The user can also declare through our Web Site if he wishes to be sent informative material / newsletters by providing his email address to the AKS Hotels contact list.
By using this Website and with the provisions of the law concerning consent for electronic communications for communication purposes and direct marketing, you expressly consent to all the above cases of processing and disclosure of your personal data. You are free to recall your consent anytime. If you seek to recall your consent, please let us know accordingly, by addressing your request to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of your consent does not invalidate the legitimacy of your personal data.
The information that is automatically collected from browsing on our Website, please be advised to abstain from visiting if you do not wish the collection and process of this kind of information.
THE PURPOSES OF USING THE INFORMATIONS WE COLLECT
- To be able to provide our services
By making an online reservation through our Site, we use the information you provide to deliver you with the highest quality hospitality services at the hotel of your choice, according to your needs and preferences.
- To contact us
With your consent, we use your contact information (email) in order to send you “AKS Hotels”, newsletters of with our news and offers.
- Concerning the statistical analysis
To learn more about how our website is used by our visitors, we keep it in a concise format and analyze the data we collect. We may use this information, for example, to track and analyze the use of the Site, to enhance its functionality and to better shape its content and design accordingly to the needs of our visitors.
When collecting information directly from you, we take adequate care to determine which of the collected personal information concerns minors. In any case, if we find that we have collected any personal information from a minor without a verifiable parental consent in accordance to the Article 8 of the EU Data Protection Regulation 679/2016), we will delete the information from our database as soon as possible. If you think we may have collected information from a minor under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
USE AND EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
«AKS Hotels» respects your right to protect your privacy and your information and therefore uses this information for the purposes stated above. For this reason, it does not disclose, transmit or make your information accessible to third parties. We also do not transmit this information outside of the European Union.
We may make information about you available to other companies, applications, or persons in the circumstances listed below:
- We may disclose to the third parties aggregated information or information that does not identify you directly, so that we can develop the content and services of our Website. Please note that we do not share your contact information in any way with third parties,
- We may use or use in the future third parties to provide services related to our Website, such as database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, email and text distribution. These third parties will have access to your information only for the performance of the above tasks on our behalf and with explicit contractual commitments to protect your privacy and personal data.
- We may disclose information about you to respond to court summons, investigative warrants, court proceedings, court orders, legal proceedings or other law enforcement measures by any competent authority, including the Data Protection Authority and the Data Protection Supervisors of others of the Member States of the European Union, as well as to guarantee and defend our legitimate rights or to refute claims against us.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click through, cookies, clicks on links or other media during your visit. For more information, refer to the “Cookies” unit.
TIME LIMIT FOR CONFIRMATION
«AKS Hotels» will keep the personal data that has been collected through its Website for the time strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the above processing purposes. If you revoke your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data, we will delete your data from our electronic and physical records, unless compliance is necessary to comply with our legal obligation or to exercise foundation or defend rights or our legal interests before judicial authorities.
SAFETY OF INFORMATION
The security of your personal data is our ultimate commitment. In order to achieve this, we apply all the modern and appropriate means for the purpose of processing technical and organizational measures, the correspondence and sufficiency that is being checked regularly.
You can exercise the following rights, as appropriate:
- The right of access, to find out what kind of data we process, for which purpose and to whom,
- The right of rectification, to correct any deficiencies or inaccuracies of your data,
- The right to delete (deletion) in order to delete your personal data from our records, however, if processing is no longer necessary or your data it is not required to from us to comply with our legal obligations or for Defending our legal interests before the Courts,
- The right to limit the processing, in case of questioning the accuracy of your data
- The portability right to get your data in a structured and commonly used format
- The right to object if you do not wish to use your data for the purposes of direct marketing of our services. “AKS Hotels” does not establishes profiles based on the personal data you provide through this Site.
To exercise your legal rights, please send a corresponding request to our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
«AKS Hotels» will make every effort to respond to all of your requests within thirty days of reception. However, if due to the complexity of your request or because of the amount of information it is not possible to meet your request within thirty days, «AKS Hotels» is committed to inform you within the above deadline in writing concerning the reasons for the delay and to make every effort to satisfy your request as soon as possible and in any case within two additional months.
«AKS Hotels» reserves the right not to file your claim if it is clearly unfounded or excessive, informing you of the reasons for not being able to file it.
In any case, you have the right to file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored on computers to identify the browser used while browsing the sites. Device IDs are compiled from the available system components, which may include IP addresses, user agent information (browser version, operating system type and version), , or device-generated identifiers, such as Apple’s advertiser identifiers, Apple vendor IDs, Google Android identifiers, or Google Play Store ad IDs. Cookies and similar technologies can be used to memorize items such as user IDs and preferences.
Using cookies makes it easy for our Web sites to store information about your visit by collecting useful information about your search preferences. So the search experience will be improved the next time you visit us.
In addition, cookies help us to see the performance and traffic of our Website, improving its presentation and content, according to our visitors’ preferences.
Which cookies are we using?
Some or all of the cookies described below may be stored in the browser. You can view and manage cookies in the browser (however, mobile browsers may not offer this option). Our site may use the following cookies:
- The strictly necessary:
The technically necessary cookies are essential for the proper operation of our Web site, and they allow you to browse and use its functions. These cookies do not recognize your individual identity.
Without those cookies, we cannot provide effective operation of our Website.
In addition, these cookies allow our Website to remember your options such as a font size to provide enhanced and personalized features.
- Performance cookies
Those cookies collect information about how you use our Website, for example, which pages you visit more often. These cookies collect aggregate and anonymous information that do not identify any visitor. They are used solely to improve the performance of a website.
Our website supports remarketing services to advertise the company on third-party sites.
The Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Exclusion Browser add-on -, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. The Google Analytics Exclusive Browser add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent the collection and use of their data by Google Analytics.
For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please visit the Google web site at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
These cookies collect aggregated anonymous information about the proper functioning and the existence of errors on our Website, such as if a user is looking for an older version of it or if some files have been violated.
You can enable, disable or even completely delete cookies through the setup options in your browser.
For example, in Chrome, you can click on the Chrome menu and then select Settings / Privacy / Content Settings and change the cookies settings to suit your preferences.
If you choose to disable cookies, some parts of the site may not work properly.
More information on the types of cookies is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you wish to learn how to check or remove cookies, you can visit www.AboutCookies.org.
If you have any questions regarding our Policy or generally, regarding the activities of “AKS Hotels”, you can contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES IN THE PRESENT POLICY